7.11.10

expecting to fly

There you stood
on the edge of your feather,
Expecting to fly.


-- Neil Young

bibliotheque
(Outfit: 1940s silk bed jacket; 1960s slip; Stetson boots; F21 tights)

Remember the house I talked about and took some photos of in this post? Well, I snuck in again last time I was home for a few last pictures. I was by myself that time and terrified, so I stayed in the living room where I could dash right out the window if a hibernating bear or murderer walked in! It's funny, I've explored every inch of that house by myself in the summertime, but in the fall and winter it gets this spooky, foreboding look and I can't bring myself to go in, no matter how pretty some of the upstairs wallpaper might be!

Anyway, enough grimness! I have recently discovered that wearing sufficiently dated slips and nightgowns as day wear seems to work marvelously well; great to find that out just as winter sets in, lol. These pictures are a little awkward 'cause it was freezing out, but this little pink slip has turned into my favorite around-the-house dress (worn with another slip underneath, of course!). It's a different look for me, that's for sure, as I'm usually obsessed with tailoring. Do any of you have lacey slips or nightclothes that are just too pretty to go unseen?

Oh, and I just noticed I've hit the 50 followers mark-- so exciting, especially as I've only really been at this for a couple of months. Thank you all so much for actually being interested in my little blog; it means a lot!

open door
broke
water stains

10 comments:

  1. I love these photos, they're so ethereal, and you look just lovely!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are enchanting, the first pictures is so romantic. I <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I normally go for more structured pieces too... but with summer heating up here, I might just have to have a go at this look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you look stunning! The silk bed jacket is especially elegant looking. Love your blog :) Have a wonderful day.
    -Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks amazing! I would have got creeped out too! I snuck into an abandoned mill once and was certain I would get axe murdered!

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah. you find some awesome places!! Love the last shot so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are just too beautiful and your blog is enchanting, i'm following you now <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your blog and I'm in love! Your style is so inspiring, really beautiful (and I'm very jealous of your amazing hair!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you one and all for the lovely comments!!

    This abandoned farm is actually just down the lane from me (I live in the middle of nowhere!); scary as it is, I might have to make it a regular stop for outfit pictures. And one of these days I'll actually get pictures of that wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥